Guest Entry is crucial to wedding day success because it is your guest’s first experience on your Big Day. Your venue is decided, your guest list is nearly finished. It is time to think through and coordinate how your wedding guests will actually enter your wedding and that venue. It is their first impression, their first experience and the kick start to your wedding.
Guest Entry also plays a huge role in your wedding day timeline, as we all know, we can’t start until the guests arrive and efficiently find their seats. You want this to be just as thought out as every other detail you’ve meticulously planned…. because hey? Who wants grumpy guests?
How to Coordinate Guest Entry
You’re going to send out invitations that will undoubtedly excite a huge lot of people, whom will then come cascading into your venue on your wedding day. That said, there are few things that should be addressed and a few tips to make this whole process a bit easier. Yes, a Guest Entry into your wedding is a process and a Project! There is a bit more to it than sending out invitations and everyone shows up, including…
- Driving Signage
Where to put signage
- Is the driveway right around a blind corner?
- Is there a LONG drive between the next turns where a guest could think, “Did we miss it?” and you should put a “keep going” sign?
- Is it a Farm, Ranch or large property where Google Maps says, “You have arrived” and you’re at the corner of a fence line with no driveway in sight?
- Are there multiple driveways to choose from once Google says, “You have arrived” that aren’t clearly marked?
All these things I’m sure you have already memorized or are prepared for because you’ve either been there before or you are familiar with the home.
Want to get super DIY? Check out this post for how to make rustic signs from fellow blogger Katie at A Handcrafted Wedding
For many guests, it will be their first time. Put yourself in their shoes and highlight every potential hiccup they could face. They will probably be running late and their phone won’t have service to call you if they get lost on their way to a secluded farm in the country.Save yourself from a late start time and prepare guests ahead of time by scouting the directions.
Driving Cards & Maps
Individual Lot Spots
- Make a diagram and post it by the field gate so drivers know the expectations: Nose into the fence, at an angle, yadda yadda. Grooms can figure out the math on how many cards you think you can fit in the field straight in or angled in. Then show people how to park in the middle of the field so that everyone along the fence can still get out!
- Mark out spaces with paint or tape: That nylon tape can be used to mark off a NO PARKING zone or even the middle “curb” to nose up to down the middle of the field.
- Hire Valet: And by that I mean bribe some of your 15-year-old nephews to park cars
Here are some other resources:
NightlifeParty Bus – Salem, OR
My Party Bus – Eugene, OR
Eugene Hybrid Taxis –Eugene, OR
PINK Taxi Oregon – Eugene, OR
Supplementary Reading: 3 Guests who need Wedding Parking Lot Accommodations
Previous Assignment: Project Block 0: Bridal Dressing Rooms
Next Assignment: Project Block 2: Welcome Tables
Post Image Credit(s) Alyssa Armstrong Photography ~Green-Eyed Girl Event Team
Like what you read?Hi there! I’m Kandice, Owner of Green-Eyed Girl Productions and engineer of The Project Block System. Thank you so much for stopping in on this blog post! For more Wedding Inspirations, How-To Articles, Vendor Advice and DIY Projects, join our Inspired Coordination Newsletter by subscribing below. You’ll get informational posts just like this in your inbox on Fridays.
The I’m Engaged ECourse | Our famous FREE ECourse Are you new to our email list and recently engaged? Congratulations, and you’re in the right spot! If you haven’t already, go enroll in our FREE I’m Engaged ECourse on Teachable. You’ll receive a 7-Day Action Plan, free downloads and Introductory Wedding Planning Videos. Find it HERE.
The Project Block System | The GEG Trademark Our Project Block System on Teachable is our unique way of organizing wedding set up that has clients hunting us down worldwide. ENROLL HERE.
My Wedding is in 4 Weeks! | Our Top 10 Videos No time for the entire Project Block System ECourse? We’re sorry you found us too late to help you through your planning, BUT we can still help you make sure your day runs smoothly. Watch our Top 10 Videos on Wedding Day Set Up, Running a Rehearsal and more. Learn more HERE.
Thank You for being here!
**Affiliate Disclaimer** We are proud to partner with many amazing Affiliate Programs including Amazon, Cupshe, Toms Shoes and Many More. You will see our affiliate links sprinkled throughout every blog post. When you click on our affiliate links and make a purchase we earn a commission. However, all of our opinions, reviews, and recommendations of products and services are our own. We would never send you in the wrong direction 😉