Wedding Dress Preservation is a crucial process for anyone who wants to keep their wedding dress in pristine condition for years to come. This process involves taking specific steps to protect the dress from aging, yellowing, and other forms of damage. In this document, we will discuss everything you need to know about wedding dress preservation.
The first step in wedding dress preservation is cleaning. It is essential to clean the dress before storing it to remove any dirt, sweat, or stains that may cause discoloration over time. It is essential to choose a reputable dry cleaner who specializes in wedding dress cleaning.
The second step is to store the dress correctly. You should store your wedding dress in a cool, dark, and dry place. Avoid storing it in a damp basement or attic, as moisture can cause mold growth and discoloration. You should also use acid-free tissue paper or a muslin cloth to wrap the dress and prevent any creases or folds.
Finally, if you want to ensure your dress remains in excellent condition, you should avoid hanging it for long periods. This is because the weight of the dress can cause the fabric to stretch and distort over time. It is best to store the dress flat or rolled, with the bodice facing down to prevent any stress on the seams.
In conclusion, wedding dress preservation is a necessary process to ensure your dress remains in excellent condition for years to come. By following the steps mentioned above, you can protect your dress from aging, yellowing, and other forms of damage. Remember, it is always best to consult with a professional wedding dress preservationist to ensure your dress receives the best possible care.
Wedding Dress Preservation Checklist
Congratulations on your special day! Preserving your wedding dress is a great way to ensure that you can cherish the memories of your wedding for years to come. Here is a checklist to help you preserve your wedding dress:
- Clean your dress: Before storing your dress, make sure it is clean and free of any stains or dirt. It is best to take your dress to a professional cleaner who specializes in wedding gowns.
- Choose the right storage container: Use an acid-free box or a muslin garment bag to store your dress. These materials will help prevent discoloration or yellowing of the fabric.
- Store in a cool, dry place: Avoid storing your dress in a humid or damp area as this can cause mold growth. Keep your dress in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Handle with care: When handling the dress, wear clean, white cotton gloves to avoid transferring oils or dirt to the fabric. Avoid hanging the dress for long periods of time as this can cause stretching or damage to the fabric.
- Check on your dress: Every few months, take a look at your dress to ensure that it is still in good condition. If you notice any discoloration or damage, take it to a professional cleaner or preservationist for repair.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your wedding dress stays in pristine condition for years to come.
Like what you read?
For more Wedding Inspirations, How-To Articles, Vendor Advice and DIY Projects join our Inspired Coordination Newsletter by subscribing below. You’ll get informational posts just like this in your inbox on Wedding Wednesdays. PLUS! I’ll email you a FREE Checklist!
Start Planning your Wedding:
The I’m Engaged ECourse | Our famous FREE ECourse
Are you recently engaged? Congratulations, and you’re in the right spot! If you haven’t already, go enroll in our FREE I’m Engaged ECourse on Teachable. You’ll receive a 7-Day Action Plan, free downloads, and Introductory Wedding Planning Videos. Find it HERE.
The Project Block System | The GEG Trademark
Our Project Block System on Teachable is our unique way of organizing wedding set up that has clients hunting us down worldwide. ENROLL HERE.
We are proud to partner with many amazing Affiliate Programs including Amazon, and Many More. When you click on affiliate links and make a purchase we earn a commission. However, all of our opinions, reviews, and recommendations are our own. We would never send you in the wrong direction 😉
I do love responding to comments and questions below. If you have something to add please let me know and I’ll be sure to respond ASAP. Better yet, JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP! I’m much faster at responding over there!